Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Ten Commandments of America's Jews - A Response


I was taking part in a "Jewish Professionals" discussion forum today, in response to the following article by my teacher Professor Jack Wertheimer in Commentary Magazine:  http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/the-ten-commandments-of-americas-jews/?goback=%252Egde_45992_member_122855793 

Being challenged by some on the list who were bashing all  forms of non-Orthodox Judaism, I was prompted to post the following reply, after calls from a participant wanting to specifically hear from Reform and Conservative Jews about what  WE were doing to ensure Jewish continuity.

I share with you here a few thoughts I added to the discussion:


May all of us in our own way continue to grow MeChayil L'Chayil, from strength to strength
Rav Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment